Free Legal Services

legalassistanceIf you’re seeking legal representation or need legal assistance or advice, the following organisations may be able to help:

  • Legal Aid Victoria offer unrepresented parties free and confidential legal advice.

They provide a Duty Lawyer who is available at VCAT most business days by appointment at the Front Counter at 55 King Street, Melbourne. Alternatively, if you’re seeking legal representation, and/or advice over the phone, contact Legal Aid Victoria on 9269 0120 or refer to their website:

  • Court Network provides specially trained volunteers offering friendly support, information and referral for people attending mediations and hearings.

They can be located on the 5th Floor at 55 King Street, Melbourne most days.  For more information on their services refer to their website:

  • The Federation of Community Legal Centres (Victoria) provides free legal services to those individuals who face economic and social disadvantage.

They can be found on Level 3 at 225 Bourke Street, Melbourne or by calling 9652 1500. If you want to locate your nearest Community Legal Centre refer to their website:

  • Pilch is a not-for-profit organisation that provides pro bono legal services to marginalised and disadvantaged people and community organisations. They can be found 17/461 Bourke Street, Melbourne or by calling 8636 4400.

For more information on their services refer to their website:

  • Environment Defenders Office is an independent, not-for-profit community legal service specialising in environmental law.

For more information on their services refer to their website:

  • Fitzroy Legal Service provides practical guidance to all Victorians through The Law Handbook.

For that information refer to their website:

  • Victoria Law is a not-for-profit website that helps you find information about the law and legal services in Victoria:
  • Law Institute Victoria is a professional association of Victorian solicitors.

 The Institute provides member referrals to those seeking to appoint a legal representative. Their website gives information on selecting the appropriate lawyer for your needs and some insight into legal costs.  If you’re seeking a referral and want to locate your nearest appropriate legal represenattive refer to this site: or call them on 9607 9550.

%d bloggers like this: