Archive for category Conduct & Behaviours
We just checked the ex Mayor’s personal blogging website and twitter and he still claims to be the Mayor when the position has been terminated. The question is “are ratepayers paying for two Mayors in Monash Council?” Maybe two heads are better than one?
Not only our Councillors don’t commit to good governance practice in matters of using official Council information on personal website + social media and now this ludicrous claim of having two Mayors in Monash ! Great Mickey Mouse performance Mayors of Monash!
An excellent editorial piece by the Herald Sun:
The heat is growing on Councils to watch their appetites for escalating rate increases beyond CPI each year.
- Councils sting Victorians $2 billion in rate rises above rate of inflation over 10 years, by: John Masanauskas, Christopher Gillet from Herald Sun, March 18, 2014 5:31PM
- Councils are giving into relentless community demands too often by John Masanauskas from Herald Sun, March 18, 2014 12:00AM
The Tues Council Meeting discussion on item 7.2 was one that brought personal bickering and party politics’ abuses into Council debates, definitely breaching the code of conduct principles , which are:
1. acting with integrity;
2. exercising their responsibilities impartially in the interests of the local community;
3. not making improper use of their position to advantage or disadvantage any person;
4. avoiding conflicts between their public duties as Councillors and their personal interests and obligations;
5. acting honestly and avoid making oral or written statements and avoid actions that may mislead a person;
6. treating all persons with respect and will show due respect for the opinions, beliefs, rights and responsibilities of other Councillors, council officers and other people.
Rightly or wrongly, the Mayor is perceived by many in the community as unethical, abusing his position now to push forward his political incited and personally motivated motion amendments and commentaries into becoming a headline news in Council Monash website.
MRI Letter to Monash Councillors
Your performance in Tues Council meeting went reasonably well, until you had to bring personal bickering and party politics’ abuses into Council affairs. By doing this, you also showed contempt to the code of conduct through your disrespectful and what we see as pre-orchestrated behaviours. This is not the first time for many of you, you have often repeated many similar incidents in past.
Is it because you are bored of mandate debates and like some entertainment for all, making the Council meeting a circus show?
While you achieved entertainment and political scoring, you failed in meeting the Council meeting experience expectations of your constituents. We will continue to progressively monitor your governance performance in future Council meetings and other public activities.
To see full details of report card, click here.