COCR represents a strategic consortium of ratepayers and groups collaborating to improve governance and best practices in Councils. It aims to:
- Educate ratepayers about Victorian Local Government;
- Empower them with the knowledge, resources and tools, and networks to effectively:
- Deliver good State reforms locally to ensure real benefits for the community
- Check compliance to the Local Government Act (1989) and other good governance policies and guides.
- Participate in reforms and champion continuous improvements of their Councils.
Its first task is responding to the DPCD’s Draft Local Government Performance Reporting Framework & Indicators – Working Paper, May 2103. Click here for the COCR feedback report.
The discussion areas are about:
- The LGPRF objective
- Stakeholders participation – the missing party
- Improving performance management – a system approach
- Financial & governance performance
- Sustainability indicators framework
- Miscellaneous stakeholder perspectives of performance indicators.